Have you wondered how digital tasks are performed by robots? How things are done without going for a coffee or lunch break?
In this article, you will learn what is RPA and how it is making the lives of customers and business owners easier than ever.
Let’s get started.
What is Robotic Process Automation?
RPA is a technology that is built to manage the software without the need for human interactions. It combines APIs and user interface (UI) interactions to integrate and perform repetitive tasks between enterprise and productivity applications. Many organizations use this software to streamline enterprise operations and reduce costs.
For example- Deploying bots to generate an auto-response for any email, direct messages, or business-related queries.
Benefits to RPA
RPA is user-friendly, easy-to-understand software without the need for prior coding or IT skills. Deploying bots results in cost reduction, high revenues, and an increased response rate. Some of the benefits are:
- Better Customer Experience: RPA eliminates the duplications of efforts and provides the user with a personalized customer journey. By spending less time on administrative tasks, employees can pay attention to other tasks like solving customer queries.
- Business Data Privacy: Choosing a well-developed solution to tackle data breaches and security concerns, RPA technology plays a vital role in keeping the data safe from hackers.
- Increases Productivity: RPA operates on its own without punching manual information that can drain energy and time. It cuts data processing time and boosts team productivity to complete other tasks timely.
- Easy to Use: RPA technology is a user-friendly software that doesn’t require coding language & Programming knowledge, or core IT skills. One can easily create bots using the task editor.
- Non Disruptive: Sometimes it becomes a difficult and hectic process to redesign, change, or replace the running software. RPA software doesn’t require special understanding. Bots follow the same procedure, security, and data integrity standards to access the information as human beings.
Disadvantages of RPA
- With the introduction of RPA, many potential job losses were recorded as the employees who were hired for the specific role were no longer needed by the company.
- Installing RPA technology is expensive as compared to other technologies.
- The RPA system needs regular maintenance and configuration which might be a problem for some organizations.
- Many employees may find RPA a direct competition that can cause tensions between the management and the employees.
Figure: Cons of RPA Technology
Can I use RPA for my Business?
RPA can be used in various areas of a business. Organizations can align their strategies to explore new areas of opportunities in the market.
You can use RPA for the following departments:
- Sales & Marketing
- Data Management
- Information Technology
- Human Resources
- Supply Chain
- Customer Service
Is RPA a part of AI?
You might be thinking the same, right? But the answer to this is NO. RPA is not a part of AI. However, inserting AI specifications in RPA robots like image recognization, NLP, and machine learning models has boosted the abilities of RPA robots. With the help of this, bots can now study & analyze the information from the semi and unstructured data.
To summarize, we would say RPA software is a necessity for a business today. You can not be available for everyone at the same time, but the bots can. Let’s look at the key takeaways from this article.
- RPA is a software technology governed by business logic and organized inputs to automate businesses.
- It makes employees happy, reduces costs, increases brand value, and boosts team productivity.
- It can be used for various departments within a company.
- Unemployment and expensiveness are some of the serious drawbacks of RPA.
- RPA is not AI, it is a different concept.
Want to learn more about such interesting topics?
Subscribe to our weekly blogs today and get access to the latest trending topics & opportunities!